05 January 2011

January 2011 Spiritual Message

"Through my scripture reading and the prayers that accompany my study, I have gained knowledge which brings me peace and helps me keep my energies focused on eternal priorities.  Because I started reading the scriptures daily, I have learned about my Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and what I need to do to be like Them.  I have learned about the Holy Ghost and how to qualify for His companionship.  I have learned who I am, why I am here on earth, and what I should be doing with my life."

-  Julie Beck, Relief Society General President, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints



Dear Sisters,

As a personal 2011 goal, may the Lord bless you with the desire to study and grow in your knowledge of the scriptures.  May you find guidance, peace, comfort and strength as you "feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do" (2 Ne. 32:3).

With all our Love,
McAllen 1st Relief Society Presidency


Additional Scripture Study Ideas/Resources:
1.)  Begin the Book of Mormon 100 Days Challenge...click here
2.)  Sign-up for a daily email reminder with readthescriptures.com...click here
3.)  Join or start a scripture study group
4.)  Invite your spouse and/or children to start scripture study with you on a regular basis
5.)  Read the talk by Julie Beck, "My Soul Delighted in the Scriptures"...click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment