15 December 2010

Christmas and Kids...


Excerpts from Friend Magazine, December 2010, Trying to Be Like Jesus:

Buying Bubbles

Arden L., age 7, Arizona
When my mom and I were shopping, she said I could buy something with my own money. I had 10 dimes. I found a bottle of bubbles and was excited to buy it. When we got to the checkout my mom paid for everything, even the bubbles. I didn’t give the dimes to my mom, and she didn’t ask for them. Later that week my mom asked me to do some extra chores. I did them, and my mom gave me two quarters for doing a good job. When I went to put away my new quarters, I saw the 10 dimes. I took them out of my bank and gave them to my mom. I told her they were for my bubbles she bought at the store. I felt good inside for choosing the right by being honest, and doing what Jesus would want me to do.

Christmas Cheer

Kyley C., age 11, Indiana
My family went caroling to families in our ward to give them some holiday cheer. I know the families enjoyed our caroling. I could really tell that one of the sisters loved our visit because tears came to her eyes. I know in my heart that the people enjoyed having us there as we helped them remember the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sharing a Snack

Hannah R., age 7, Virginia
One day my little sister and I were watching a movie. I was eating a snack, and my sister wanted some. Even though I share with my sister a lot and would have liked to finish my snack by myself, I decided to share with her. It gave me a good feeling. I have shared a lot with my family and have learned that it is nice to share.

Not Fun

Jerrod L., age 10, Nevada
When I was at school a boy asked me if I had ever said a bad word in my life. When I said no, he laughed at me. He told me to say a bad word because it was fun. I didn’t say it because I knew it was bad. I knew I had done the right thing.

The Right Thing

Landon S., age 11, Indiana
One year my friend’s family was going through a hard time and I knew they weren’t going to have much for Christmas. My family and I bought gifts for them. We wrapped the presents and put them in a big bag. We put the bag on their doorstep and ran away before anyone answered the door. I felt really good inside for doing that. I knew it was the right thing to do.

A Generous Gift

Alexis G., age 10, Montana
Three days before Christmas, my sister lost her CTR ring. Then my friend gave me a ring before Christmas. I thought about my sister’s lost ring. Then an idea popped into my head. I talked to my mom about giving my sister my new ring. She said it was my decision, and that it would probably make my sister happy. So on Christmas I gave my sister the ring. She was happy, and so was I.

See the entire article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment